Sunday, November 13, 2011

Taste of the Pacific Northwest

Circa fall 2006, I got my first taste of the Blue Scholars. It was track 8 "Brunt Offering," on their self titled album which came out two years prior. I heard it while folding t-shirts at work, my co-worker put it on and before the song was even finished I was hooked.

Its five years later and I'm still hooked. Doesn't matter if the songs from their first self titled album or their most recent album "Cinemetropolis" or even one of their EP's, I can just vibe on it all day long. I've probably listened to all their albums and songs like a hundred plus times, but I always seems to find a song that I've never noticed before and just start vibing on it til I notice another one of their songs.

I know its been a few months since Cinemetropolis came out, but I just started getting back into listening to it a lot. When it first came out I was really into track 1 "Cinemetropolis," track 5 "Seijun Suzuki," and track 8 "Slick Watts," but since I started listening to it again I've noticed a few other songs that I really like.

Track 3 "Fou Lee"


Track 11 "Yuri Kochiyama"


Track 12 "Rani Mukerji"



This is my first time blogging, so hopefully I did okay and you'll come back. Sorry if my grammars kind of bad, I've never really done well with that stuff :).

God Bless
-J.Hatori

No comments:

Post a Comment